1.02.2010

Getting Organized

Along with the many items included on my list of 'to-do's for this year, organization is always something I'm working on.

Along with the gluten free baking came the need for lots more powered ingredients in my cabinets. There used to just be flour, whole wheat flour, and sugar. Now the list looks more like: Xanthan gum, potato starch, corn starch, tapioca flour, and at least a couple gf flour mixes. Not only is it a pain to keep all of those boxes in the cabinet or on the counter (ugly), but their all contained inside of plastic bags inside of their boxes, and when I try to pour them out half of my expensive flour ends up caught between the bag and the box and then most likely ends up on the counter or floor (I'm sure this only happens to messy me).

So, my mom came to the rescue and got me these perfect clear canisters for my collection of flours.



Since every ingredient is so different, but looks relatively the same I simply cut a portion of the box label out, punched a hole through it, and strung some twine through it. I love the way it looks, clean and simple, yet classy and organized.




Now if only my spices were so neatly kept...

No comments:

Post a Comment