I love New Year's resolutions, and have many successes from the practice, and unfortunately, many failures as well. I still love the energy, thoughtfulness, and new beginning they represent. I'm an optimist at heart, though sometimes I feel the world and all the energy-draining issues in day to day life sucks that out of me.
I sat down this morning to write down my New Year's resolutions, and discovered almost all of them have already made my 28 in 28 list And in an effort to promote success and not failure, it's best if I just stick to that list instead of adding more!
So for the New Year, here is an update of my list with what I've accomplished since November 9. When I looked at this list, I was fairly disappointed with my accomplishments this far. So here's to the New Year, and a renewed spirit to get some things done!
1. Finish P90X..all 90 days of it. (made it to day 17...then had a failure melt down. Starting again..today!!)
2. Take a class (photography, cake decorating, biomedical engineering..something!)
3. Go 1 entire month maintaining 3 blog posts per week.
4. Bake and decorate a layer cake.
5. RECYCLE! (even though i have to drive my stuff to the closest center because my unit doesn't offer recycling pick up).
6. Finish the bf's kitchen cabinet project.
7. Read all 633 pages of The Book of God (I've owned this book for going on 8 years!) (On page 133!)
8. Run 13.1 miles while being timed. (A half with my bff is in the works for late summer...after #1 is competed.)
9. Break out of the ugly brown leather work shoe rut. ( haven't worn them in a month!..picked up these, and these instead!)
10. Buy an outfit that makes me feel stylish and beautiful..without paying too much attention to the price tag.
11. Go out to dinner at a restaurant I've never heard of based only on online reviews.
12. Cook a meal for someone besides the bf!
13. Pretty up the bf's laundry room..with this as inpiration! (new appliances are in the works..full details coming soon!)
14. Read more books...6 in the next year! (audio books count!)
15. Take more pictures. ( I got this for Christmas from the bf!!!)
16. Go sledding! (went seldding..with a plastic bin for a sled. It was short-lived.)
17. Wear earings once a month (that's 12x more often than I currently do!).
18. Plan a date once a month.
19. Fix my shaking washer/dryer problem.
20. Send out birthday cards to loved ones on time.
21. Make my own Christmas cards.
22. Call in sick :)
23. Take a trip (that doesn't involve an amusement park or a casino).
24. Make gifts..that are worthy of being given. ( I made and gave out these, these, and this...not sure if they were truly worth giving, but brought on a sense of self confidence and resourcefulness)
25. Keep a plant alive for a whole year.
26. Make popcorn balls and share with the office. (I made this carmel crack (gluten free) and took it into work!)
27. Eliminate chemical cleaners from my house and my life! (I have gone no poo...more details coming!)
28. Laugh and smile more.