9.29.2009

Working out and Eating Cake?!


The week is off to a great start. I went into the office over the weekend and got caught up on a lot, which is making it sooo much easier to not get behind this week. Hope that trend continues.

Last weekend a long time friend came into town. We gabbed and gabbed and gabbed (the bf was shocked since I don't show that side of myself very often). We had a great time catching up and devising a plan to stick to a workout for 90 days. Yes, you've seen the infomercial on Saturday mornings and late week nights, don't be embarrassed. I'm talking about P90X! I think I watched the infomercial in it's entirety twice thinking I'd never be able to keep up with such a strenuous workout routine, but with renewed focus on working out we decided to commit to it. I'm happy to report that I'm on day 9 and it's going really well. Really well in the fact that I can still walk :) I'm sore every day, but feel a little sense of accomplishment after every workout. I know I'm only on day 9 of 90, but one day at at time is my motto. I was hesitant to post about it since I really really want to go the whole way, but to date have not been very good at following through on work out regimens, but here's to changing all that. And for added motivation the bf has promised a great prize if I make it through the entire 90 days without missing a single workout! (there are repercussions for not making it the whole 90 days as well..but I'm trying to just focus on the positive...) Which will be a challenge considering I just signed up for a basketball league on Sunday nights and to run 7 miles in a relay marathon coming up in mid October. But the pay out to the bet will be worth it! More hints on the grand prize to come...

Speaking of the bf, he has a birthday coming up next week. I fully intend on making one of these...

Image from SmittenKitchen

I'll post a picture of my version of the cake, but don't get your hopes up, I'm sure it will only vaguely resemble the above picture, but hey, it's the thought (and taste!) that counts..right? He loves peanut butter..and I love chocolate, and who am I kidding here, I will eat more of it than him.

I really don't have a plan for the day other than that. I guess I better get a plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment