11.01.2009

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap

I've been attempting to cut the chemical heavy cleaning products out of my life. I'm really not one of those crazy, overbearing, tree hugging nut, but I do care about our environment and my own health..and think if I'm not spending a fortune on the more "natural" (the most over used word in recent times) products then it can't hurt, right? I've already started not using soap to clean the kitchen or bathrooms. I was converted by my mother who sells great antibacterial microfiber products and other chemical free cleaning solutions from the Norwex company.

So when I arrived early to a meeting with my homeowner insurance agent last week which happened to be in the same parking lot as the Vitamin Cottage, and I found it on sale...I couldn't resist.

Dr. Bronner's is very gentle, non detergent, castile soap. With one look at the label it appears this stuff is right out of 1969 and to still be so popular must have quite the cult following. it's full of a strange peace and one God kind of messages. I didn't see anything on there that was negative or directly offended my Christian beliefs..so I was in.

After rushing home to google all of the 18 uses the bottle promises I was a little skeptical. Right now I'm using it as a body and face wash and really like it. I want to get to the point of making my own cheap and chemical free dishwashing and laundry detergent (which many people say this stuff can be used for)...but for now i'm still using up the large bottles of warehouse purchased, chemical heavy stuff that I've already spent good money for, but when I make the switch I'll let you know what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment